Friday, January 3, 2014

I found the museum!

As if it was even lost! LOL! No, my hubby and I had our 1st weekend alone since Feb of 2013 ... (Yes, it took us till Dec to get a weekend together ... sigh).

And so what did he suggest we go out and do? Why, walk the local museum of course! We went to see the Nelson-Atkins museum in Kansas and man was it a treat! Picasso, Monet, Warhol, Dali ... oh my!

When we got there I asked what the policy for cameras in the museum was and to our surprise I could shoot away to my hearts content!

SAY WHAT!?!?!?! I think my hubby secretly cringed at this notion but if he did, he sure didn't let it show.

Here's a few things that caught my eye ...

A lovely 17th century Spanish Cameo..



A 16th century Spanish crucifix..

 
This stunning Greek sculpture!

 
Down the end of this columned hallway was this Greek guy just waiting to be discovered. The museum itself was the artwork! Loved it!

 
I'm sure I'll be sharing more soon! ...

No comments: